Thor


When I first saw the preview of this movie, I wasn't terribly interested. It looked a little too out-in-space for my tastes. But then basically everyone I know was like "we watched Thor and it was awesome, and you would love it!" or "it was awesome, and you will totally love the guy" or in Hadley's case, "OH MY WORD you have to see this movie! Thor is the love of my life." Also, Benjamin told me "the actor got so buff that he wouldn't fit into his suit."



I decided I should see it as soon as possible. Last-minute-planning, of which I am so fond, resulted in my mom, sister, and I meeting my friend Hadley at the mall to watch it in 3D. I have never seen a movie in 3D, but I had this vague worry about the eyewear. 


Actually, the glasses were pretty great. Hadley and I had many awesome and immature moments with them. We're totally keeping them forever and ever.


And the 3D was pretty awesome, too. Basically, it made all the battles and shattering glass and beautiful people seem like they were RIGHT THERE in the room with you. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

I. loved. it. It was one of the cleanest new movies I have seen in a long time, the story was awesome, and it was just a downright good movie.


And they were right. So, so right. I totally fell for Thor. He is so my type, it's ridiculous. I mean, he even overturns a huge table. I loved how he was arrogant and hot-headed and impulsive, and that he learned from his mistakes.



 I loved that he was a gentleman. The whole time. Unlike some guys who I love (cough cough IRON MAN). From the very beginning he was totally respectful and insanely awesome toward the girl. 



His eyes are blue, his hair is blond, he's huge, and he reminds me of a lion. All good, good things.



Had to make this picture extra-large because it's such an awesome moment and he looks like a BEAST. I'm pretty sure he is the most ripped guy I have ever seen aside from those that have gone into the freak-show territory. By the way--mud? I love it.




As much as I would like to spaz out about the other reasons I love him... I'm not going to because I don't want to give anything away. : ) 


I actually don't think I've seen Natalie Portman in anything, so I'm not a fan, but she did an awesome job and I loved her awkwardness. : ) And that her name was Jane. By the way--did anyone else notice the Jane/Tarzan connections? Or... was that just my sad brain which is prone to pulling Tarzan into way too many things? 



Love this part. : )



The dad was awesome. He just was.


And the gatekeeper--yes. Just yes. The end credits revealed that he was Idris Elba, who I love just a little bit. 


OKAY. Let's talk about Loki.
This has caused a lot of strife in our house as my sister and I quarrel bitterly. It usually goes like this:
Me: "Loki is so BAD and CREEPY and I can't believe you LIKE him!
Bethany: "No, he's just misunderstood!"
Me: "NO, he's BAD. And Thor is beautiful and wonderful.
Bethany: "NO, Thor is lame! His face is like a box. His nose is a disaster. 


Me: "YEAH RIGHT. He looks and acts like a lion. And Loki looks and acts like a SNAKE."
Bethany: "NO, he's awesome! He was meant to be awesome. They just made him wrong."
Me: "Have you seen his mouth?? Creepiest thing ever."
Bethany: "No." *checks* "Okay, it is a little weird."
Me: "HAH."
Bethany: "But he's still amazing."
Me: "I can't believe you're my sister."
To see more of her thoughts, read her post. : )


I mean, not only is Loki weird and greasy and his hair is receding and creepy and crawly on his neck, but his color is green whereas Thor's is red. Um. I think this makes things clear. Plus. That part when Thor cries? When the tear drips off his face? Yeah. Never, ever, ever, forgiving Loki. I'd like to shred him with my nails. Which are nice and long right now, incidentally.


It was awesome watching it with Hadley. We tried not to scream and weep and laugh too much... but there were only three other people in the theater, so I don't think we made anyone too mad. : )


Yep. It's an epic movie. Go and see it.