Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day



So this movie. I have very mixed feelings about it. 
In ways, I absolutely adored it. It spoke to my soul. Made me weep. Stuff like that. Similar to Alice in Wonderland, in that regard, actually. 


Something that was kinda freaky about it was that the two main characters, Delysia and Miss Pettigrew, were so much like me and my sister Bethany. Seriously. It was eerie. Miss Pettigrew even married the guy that has been Bethany's primary hero for years. However, if you have watched this movie, please note that I would NOT do what Delysia does in the first part of the movie.
...Which brings me to the reason I can't utterly adore and recommend this movie. There was offensive stuff, and although it was portrayed as bad... it was still offensive.


Another reason I love this movie is NAMELY THAT I LOVE THIS GUY SO MUCH.
He didn't get lots of screen time, but they did a really good job of making him very likable and wreaking havoc whenever he did that heartbreaking sad face, causing audiences to weep and wail. Or maybe that was just me.


Anyway.


Another awesome thing was the time period. I love 40's fashion, and there were some lovely outfits in this movie.



This look! Bethany would totally do this. The whole wary/stand-offish/uncomfortable thing.


Miss Pettigrew was so, so sweet.


Delysia was so, so foolish at times, but she definitely was likable.


This scene. Definitely on my top 10 movie scenes. :-) 


I will be posting a YouTube clip of my other favorite scene in time to come.
Did you see this movie? Did you like it or hate it? Do you share my ridiculous adoration for the guy?