niece love

Katie, my sister's oldest
{entering this in Allie's challenge}

When I'm with this kid, something inside me is literally bubbling over and screaming "I JUST LOVE THIS TINY PERSON SO MUCH!" I never, ever thought I would be like this.


It is physically impossible not to snatch her up and squeeze her and kiss her profusely.


I nearly die regularly. When Katie reaches out and says "hand?"

When I'm zipping up her monkey sleeper and she wraps her warm little arms around my neck and sighs, "Happy."

When I say "I love you!" and she says "Too!"

Ruby, my brother's oldest.

I love them at this age. But I also can't wait until I can give them manicures and take them each red shoe shopping. And I'm ready with my baseball bat to mutilate any boys who even think about breaking their hearts.

Virginia, my brother's second daughter (on the left) and Victoria, my sister's second daughter (on the right).


I can't wait to find out what kind of crazy personalities these ones have.

Patrick, a friend's little boy.

And I can't wait until these two are older and I can pull this out and embarrass them with it. ; )


If I love my nieces with this ridiculous and alarming ferocity, what am I gonna do when I have my own babies? I'm pretty sure I'll just burst.