Mulan

I just finished watching "Mulan" for the second time. I love it.

I always thought that it would be lame because of the girl fighting and all, but then I watched it... And it seems like the message is more that she was able to do great things, but she realizes that she does not belong trying to do what guys do, so she goes back home, and back to being a girl, and accomplishes even greater things by just being a brave girl.


I love her clothing. Although the sleeves pictured above don't seem too practical...


Mushu is awesome!


And unlike most Disney heroes who just  flirt outrageously with princesses at wishing wells, send their doddering dukes to do all their dirty work, and then show up randomly to smooch the gal and then ride off into the sunset...*

Shang is actually a character, since he is in almost all of the movie, and he is really cool! I wouldn't have minded if they had ridden off into the sunset.

This photo is actually from "Mulan II" when he proposes. 

Have you seen it? What was your interpretation of the overall message? If you haven't seen it, you should!


*My disappointment in Disney males is second only to my hatred of superheroes' girlfriends. Maybe I'll devote a post to that another day.