{this beautiful life} photography contest

EDIT: this contest is now closed! 
you can view the finalists here.


I am super excited to announce my first-ever 
photo contest!

Besides loving to take pictures, I love looking at others' beautiful pictures,
 so this is a good excuse.
And a contest is much better when there are prizes, right? 
Especially polka-dot ones.



Melissa from  Studio MCA Designs is providing 
the first-place prize--a custom-made camera strap cover! 


Sarah McCay at A Lost Feather is providing this lovely "necklace for a photographer", 
which will be awarded to the second-place winner.


Rules:
a) you can enter up to 3 photos.
b) photos can be edited, and I'd love to know what you did to them, 
but you can keep it a secret if you want. ;-)
c) the theme is loose. Just show me the beauty that you have found in this beautiful world.
So that would exclude slugs.
c) if you're planning on participating,
please grab a button on my sidebar to help spread the the word!

If you'd like to participate, you can either
a) post the photo(s) that you want to enter on your blog,
and add the link to the widget at the end of this post.
If you put your photos on your blog, please link back to this post.
b) add your your entry to the {this beautiful life} group on Flickr
c) email me with your photos

Finalists will be chosen on November 3rd.