Casablanca


It's one of those classic movies that books always refer to and movies quote and people talk about. I was not at all sure I would like it, but I needed to see it. 

Remember that time I felt the same way about West Side StoryThat was an unfortunate incident. But at least now I know what every one is talking about, and can barge in on conversations and spew my unpopular opinion.

Anyways.


I liked this movie. A lot. I hadn't seen Humphrey Bogart in anything before, and some of my friends love him, 
and some of them hate him, which made me curious about what my opinion would be.
Well, I love him. He's certainly not drop-dead-gorgeous though. His head...wow. It's (putting it nicely here) unusual.


I tend to get bored/annoyed with movies that have a bunch of political stuff. I like relational drama, not political drama. This definitely had some semi-confusing political stuff (my intelligent sister helped me out),
but it was really interesting and important for the story.

I loved the characters--they were complicated and real and hurting.


Wonderful scene.
The whole movie was touching and dramatic in the kind of way that if you are in the wrong mood, 
you might be "oh, wow, that's stupid/corny/sappy", but if you are in the classic-movies-are-the-best-and-boy-I-wish-I-lived-back-then-when-guys-wore-coats-like-that mood, it makes you weep.


I have heard a lot about how the ending was lame, so I kept waiting for it...but it ended well. I mean, if you wanted {SPOILERS}them to do what was "romantic" and happy, instead of what was right,
I can see where the ending would be disappointing.

So what did you think of it?