"Prince of Persia"


I watched this movie with my friend Beka, since we stole her for the weekend. 
And the next day I watched it again. Sound familiar? I did the exact same thing with Robin Hood.
I loved it. Again. :-)
(oh and can we quickly give him kudos for matching my blog so well??)




My brother and sister had seen it without me a couple weeks before and said,
"Um, it was okay, pretty cheesy...but you would love it."
Boy, were they right. About me loving it. ;-)


There are so many reasons that it is just the sort of movie that I love.
First of all--the setting. I love the whole desert, Arabian-ish thing.
And it has ostrich racing! How cool is that?


I have a huge weakness for men who jump on rooftops.
Jason Bourne.
Aladdin.
And now Dastan.


Who could not love a movie with a stoic knife-throwing brute with a leopard skin blankie?
Beka said it was a cloak. But whatever.


Chances are, if you've seen the preview, you thought the girl sounded dumb.
Well, she is a bit of a snot, there's no denying it. But I really liked her by the end.
I like how she's not all macho. She's a woman, and she uses that to get what she wants.
And she's kinda whiny which I identify with. :P


His armor. OH YES.


Basically everyone who has seen it says something like this about Jake Gyllenhaal (the main character):
"Ehh. He has a super long head and weird hair and a crooked smile and a scruffy face. He's ugly."


Well, I disagree.
In a big way.
I have seen pictures of Jake Gyllenhaal clean-shaven with short hair, and let me tell you,
that was not nice at all.
But I think he looks awesome with the longish hair and scruffiness.
Plus, he has this  mysterious scar on his left cheek.
How cool is that?


I just love him as a character, which might be partly why I think he is so good-looking. 
I love how he always gets in fights and wears cool belts and is daring and head-strong and cocky and JUMPS BETWEEN ROOFTOPS.
Did I mention that already?


Don't watch this movie if:
a) you are feeling cynical.
b) don't like really awesome swashbuckley movies with awesome heroes.
c) are in the mood to watch something profound and educational.


The end was so awesome. Beka and I cried. 
But I am so not telling you what happens.
Cuz you have to see it. It's freshly out on DVD, so go spend 100 cents and get it from Redbox.

Just suspend disbelief, and you'll love it. :-)
If you have seen it, did you love it!?!?
Or was it just me.