CMT Awards Fug Carpet: Nicole Kidman

We've been a little hard on Nicole Kidman occasionally, especially how she ALLEGEDLY seems to have jacked up her former face with so much paralyzing Botox. But I have to say, I am not one of those conspiracy theorists who believes she's faking the pregnancy, because a) that's insane; b) this is not Passions, as much as I wish it were and that Zombie Kidman would start showing up at events, although maybe she DID and that explains why Nic seemed a bit bodysnatched the last year or so; c) she looks pregnant in ways that are hard to fake, like her face; d) I can't think of a good reason why Nicole Kidman would need to go through all the rigamarole to fake something like that when she's adopted before, and also, again, NOT INSANE; e) she's got a glow lately, and it really suits her.

I don't really even care about the dress, although that ruby color is fantastic on her. What grabbed me was the loose, flirty, relaxed hair and what appears to be a genuine smile -- those are things she's been missing for a while, in favor of looking really pulled-tight and rigid and wan. Now if only she would get in line behind Nicole Richie at the Los Angeles Clinic For Looking Like Healthy And Lovely Like This All The Time And Not Just When You're Knocked Up, we'd be in business.

Fool's Fug...Kind Of

KATE HUDSON: Pose, Matthew! Pose! STRIKE IT!

MATT MCCONAWHOOLAHAY: I am posing. This is my Blue Steel.

KATE: You look so handsome in a suit. I'm used to seeing you running around without a shirt on. You're WAY TAN, dude.

MATT: Dude. I'm outdoorsy. I'm constantly stoked and wowed by nature, you know? Of course I have a tan. I'm not some kind of uptight desk monkey, man.

KATE: This pose hurts my chin.

MATT: I'm scared of your dress.

KATE: What do you mean? The color is amazing!

MATT: Yeah. It is. But those sleeves. And those thingers on the end of the sleeves, man. They're like....chains.

KATE: Yeah, they're cool. Right?

MATT: What if you get mad at me and whip me across the face with one of them? That would hurt, man. That would not be cool.

KATE: Do you really think I would do that?

MATT: Shit's unpredictable, man. Shit's unpredictable.

KATE: You got so weird, living in that trailer.


Give it up for Kelly Preston, you guys! No, really! Put your hands together and clap!

We haven't had a good scroll-down fug in a long, long time, and I just wanted to make sure that we all celebrated it appropriately. It takes A LOT of work to take what is ostensibly a lovely dress and arrange for it to: (a) cling unflatteringly to your tights (b) be entirely the wrong length, and (c) pair it with the clod-hoppers I wore to Edwards Cinemas the night I saw Reality Bites for the second time. So, BRAVO, Kelly! BRAVO!

The Parent Fug

Okay, so I'm sure there are way cooler things to love Natasha Richardson for, but mine is her part in The Parent Trap, a.k.a. the Crossroads of Lindsay Lohan's career -- you know, the flick that's hard to watch because she was so cute and innocent then and you had no idea she was going to fry the red out of her hair and turn into a leggings-wrapped hellchild. Natasha plays her mom, and she's really endearing in it, and what can I say? I'm a sap.

Don't you just LOVE when there's a "however," though? And there is one.

I'm not denying that she's got great gams, but is this not a tiny bit lingerie-influenced? By which I mean, straight out of the Trashy Lingerie storefront? I would expect Lindsay's ACTUAL mother to cavort around town in her skivvies, because she's awful. Natasha Richardson, though, seems more normal and low-key than all that -- certainly not the type to stoke the fires of her primary breadwinner's problems (allegedly, etc.) and then allow her other, younger daughter to look 14-going-on-34 so she can exploit her on a reality show.

How did this fug become all about how I think Dina Lohan is gross? I'd better finish this before it becomes a treatise on the emotional glories of The Biggest Loser and the various taste differences between Diet Coke and Coca-Cola Light. Suffice to say that this outfit, despite her fab figure and general bodaciousness, looks as if Natasha thought she was walking into a grand romantic gesture by Liam Neeson and not, in fact, a film festival party. Unless they were killing two birds with one venue. Hey, whatever keeps the home fires stoked.